Thursday, January 13, 2011

Healed by only a touch.

Today I felt like I should follow suit with the stories of the bible women and tell one of my favorite stories. I love the story of the woman with the issue of blood. This story is written in Matthew, Mark and Luke but I like the way it is told in St Mark chapter five.

This woman suffered with an issue of blood for 12 years and she had spent all her money on doctors to try to fix her problem but all efforts were fruitless. Well this woman had heard of Jesus and knew that he would be able to heal her affliction. When Jesus was passing by her he was surrounded by many people and it would have been almost impossible for her to catch his attention.

This woman’s faith was so strong that she stated, “If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.”(Mark 5:28). Because of her faith she was healed “and straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.”(Mark 5:29). The amazing part of this miracle is that Jesus knew, even in the crowd, that someone had touched his cloths because he felt the healing powers depart from him. He stopped and question, “Who touched my clothes?”(Mark 5:30).

As the woman fell, trembling at the feet of the savior, he so lovingly said, “Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.” (Mark 5:34). Every time I read this verse it brings tears to my eyes because it reminds me that the lord loves us so much and that he knows us on an individual basis. She didn’t tell him her problem or that she was suffering but he knew, just like he knows each and every one of us and our infirmities!

Oh the faith of this wonderful woman and what an example she has been to me through this struggle. It reminds me that even when it feels like all hope is gone and there aren’t any more options available, the lord is there to carry. All we have to do is have the faith to reach out and allows his loving embrace to enfold us.

No comments:

Post a Comment