Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goals

I can’t get out of January without talking a little bit about goals. With ever new year there are always New Year resolutions. Some of the normal ones include, losing weight, saving money, getting out of debt, buying a house, etc. Maybe many of you have made similar goals and seeing as it is the end of January you may still be on track with those goals or you may not. I know for me there are some that I am still working on (hence the blog) but other have fallen by the side because they are not as important to me.

Goals need to be specific, measurable, and geared towards an objective. They need to be written down and planned out. It is one thing to say “I want to lose weight,” but if there is never a plan written down and an actual way to accomplish it, the weight will not be lost.

When my husband and I first were married I was completely against the setting of goals. I thought there wasn’t a use for them. I knew what I wanted to do and I didn’t think that there was a need to write it down or to even really talk about them. Well I begrudgingly did them with my hubby and now 5 years later, I have come to understand the purpose of the goals that we have set and how they have benefited our lives.

This week I am excited to discuss the need for goals in relation to fertility and how goals can help us have more control over a situation that can feel uncontrollable.

No comments:

Post a Comment