Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Better Half

A few years ago I had a wonderful friend who told me something very wise. She said that it is, “Very important to remember that the journey of fertility is not something that we women travel alone, our husbands are very much a part of it all. Without them, there wouldn’t be any trying for children.”

I am very grateful for my husband and all the support that he has given me and that he continues to give me. I know that for me it is very easy to get caught up in the emotions of the fact that “I” cannot get pregnant, but really it is not just a me thing, this is a we thing. I have to remember to check in with my husband and see how his emotions are as well. Granted, most of the time the response is very non descriptive but it never hurts to make sure that as a couple you are on the same page.

It can be healing to know that you are not going through this alone. You can lean on your best friend when you just need a shoulder to cry on and a loving embrace.

2 comments:

  1. I've definitely found this to be helpful. It's good for me to know that my husband hasn't given up hope and that he still genuinely wants to have children with me, even though it hasn't been an easy road for us. Quite difficult really. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure, this is very important. My husband did not show much emotion, but he said he did this so as not to make it worse for me. What strength in a man.

    ReplyDelete