Monday, August 15, 2011

What the Lord Wants


I have been able to recently reflect over my lifetime and recognize that Heavenly Father has a hand in my life…better yet He leads me along the path in my life.

To understand that idea is paramount to help me understand that what I want does not really matter, what does matter is what Heavenly Father wants not just for me but for everybody. Let me explain. When it comes to wanting to have children, or getting the perfect job, or being able to afford the perfect house or car, those things don’t really matter. Of course Heavenly Father wants us to have children, and he understands that we need a job, house and car in this life for the most part.

What we need to realize is that Heavenly Father has a plan for ALL of us and He wants us to be happy and have our own families while at the same time being one large family. Heavenly Father has this plan for us all because He wants all of us to be one big family with Him.

If we can understand this principle, then we can get to the point in which we ask in our prayers not for what we want or need but that we can be able to fulfill what He wants or needs from us as instruments in His hands.

To think this way isn’t easy because we are human, but the more we can think and believe in such a way, the happier we will be and understand that there is a reason we are going through what we’re going through.

Sincerely,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment