Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just whistle a happy tune

Where does happiness come from? Does it come from children? Does it come from our husbands? Does it come from success? Does it come from gospel?  I would venture to say that all these things can be huge contributors to happiness but they do not make a person happy. 

Yes children can bring great happiness but they can bring great sadness, stress and pain. Yes our husbands can help us be happy but they can also be frustrating and bring us pain. Yes happiness can come from success but success is only temporary and unless its glow tends to fade. Yes great happiness can be found by following the teachings of the gospel but it also is a lot of work and can incur much pain if we stray.

Now you may be thinking that I am being quite a downer right now so let me explain. While all of these wonderful things have their pros and their cons, all of them can help us be happy if we allow ourselves to be happy.  We can enjoy the great happiness that can be found in all of these things as long as we deep down inside want to be happy about our situation. It is so easy to focus on the negative things that are going on in our lives versus all the things that are going right.

Something that I have realized lately is that happiness really begins and ends with me. When I am truly happy it radiates from the inside out. My new goal is to really focus on the happy and positive things in my life because when I focus on those things that aren’t going right it is harder to stay motivated, be happy and ultimately enjoy life.

I want to enjoy life! I am tired of being held down by the sadness and the misery of the world. Misery loves company and I have decided that that type of company is no longer allowed in my house.

Now I hope you that I am not perfect and that this is a task that will probably take most my life to accomplish but I’m ready for the challenge because I know that when I spend my life whistling a happy tune, other whistle too and my heart aches less.

Where does your happiness come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment