Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Growth

It is amazing how, when the lord withholds a blessing, how he blesses us in many different areas. For example: since I got married at the age of 19 and we started trying to get pregnant shortly after that, I first of all never thought I would graduate college and secondly never thought I would ever have to use my degree. On the contrary I have done both.

I realized today though, how much working has been a blessing in my life. I have learned a lot of life lessons that I would not have learned if I would have been a mom right away. Although work is something that at times can be very difficult, because let’s face it, I would much rather be a stay at home mom, I have grown so much as an individual.

I didn’t recognize this at first and really I thought having to work was a punishment or a curse. This idea was completely wrong because the lord has used it as a refiner’s fire in my life. I now see his hand in this aspect of my life and am very grateful that he loves me so much and that he allowed me to learn and grow in ways that I would have never imagined possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment