Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Not going through the motions

I take a good deal of my philosophies on life from what I have experienced, and a good amount of my experiences have come from my experiences with baseball either as a player or coach.


One philosophy I have is that we need to break the habit of “going-through-the-motions.” That philosophy obviously is not my philosophy and makes complete sense, but how can we break this habit?

The problem with going through the motions is time is passing by but we are not accomplishing anything positive as we do so. Therefore, finding a purpose in whatever it is we are doing makes the difference and brings an eventual purpose to life. For example, when a baseball player is hitting a ball off a tee over and over with the same poor hitting mechanics and not attempting to achieve a result, that player is wasting his time. In the same way, if all we worry about and dwell on every day is how infertility is what is stopping us from having children instead of using that knowledge to help us find a solution (whatever that may be), then we in turn are also wasting our time.

I am not saying that all readers are just “going-through-the-motions,” my feeling and hope is making all aware of this “disease” will prevent all from falling into this rut.

Sincerely
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment