Sunday, May 29, 2011

So a little off the beaten path

As this weekend is Memorial day weekend, I decided to go and spend time with my family. The weekend so far has been really nice. My parents live out in the country and being out here has helped me realize that it is so easy to get caught up in our lives and in the world that revolves around us. It can be hard sometimes to stop and see the beauty of the world around us.

I look out at the valley as the rain starts to come down, it truly helped me see that the lord created such a beautiful earth. It is majestic but I have to stop focusing on me and recognize the worlds beauty.

Spring is my favourite season because it the time when the world comes out of the dread of winter, the flowers start to grace us with their beauty, the rain refreshes and preps the ground for the heat of summer, and the smells in the air have a hint of the winter that it just came through and of the weather that is about to come.

It is really refreshing and give a new perspective on things when the time is taken to see some of the wonderful things the lord has prepared for us. It truly is one of his tender mercies.

Picture came from: http://www.manywallpapers.com/nature-wallpapers/spring/spring-valley.html

No comments:

Post a Comment