Tuesday, March 1, 2011

His favorite

I really enjoy “Date Night” because it’s time that I get to spend with my incredible wife in which I don’t need to worry about anything but having a great time with her. I’m a simple person, and it doesn’t take a lot for me to be satisfied. One of my favorite dates is when my wife and I go out to eat dinner, and then go see a movie while eating buttery, tasty popcorn. Although I am simple, one of my favorite dates that I had with my wife was even before we got married. I love baseball and I wanted to show my soon-to-be-wife at the time my favorite spot on the diamond. So, I set up a date where I set up a blanket on the top of the pitcher’s mound and we watched a movie on a laptop at night.

Another time, my wife surprised me and gave me the greatest Christmas gift yet. After I had taken my last final exam for school, my wife told me we were going for a drive. Then, after about ½ hour of driving and noticing we were going further and further away from where we lived, my wife told me that we were going to a BYU football bowl game in Las Vegas. So, we drove that day to Las Vegas, spent the night at the Sahara hotel and walked along the strip; then, we spent the next day watching the Las Vegas Bowl in which BYU beat UCLA by blocking a last-second field goal attempt! I know it was a Christmas present, but to me it was a weekend date as well, because I was able to watch a football bowl game with my best friend, my wife!

Even though we lead busy lives with everything we have on our plates, we try to have a “Date Night” at least one night per week where we’re just enjoying each other’s company. It’s my favorite time of the week.

- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment