Thursday, March 24, 2011

A hem of hope

I know that I have mentioned this before but since it is one of my favorite bible stories I’m going to mention it again. I love the story of the woman with an issue of blood and how it is applicable to our situation.

This woman “…had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,” (Mark 5:26). When going to doctors you have to still listen to your own body and know that there might be a time where a medical doctor may not be able to help.

Now I am well aware that our medicine is immensely better then what they had at the time of Christ but there are some women that have unexplained infertility or who have been told they may never be able to have children. That is where the woman with an issue of blood comes into play. We all have a choice, we can give up or we can keep on hoping. This woman could have just let her condition dampen her faith but instead she reached out with faith.

When things seem hopeless, sometimes we just have to look for the hem of hope and healing. If we but reach out he will carry us!
(art by James Christensen)



1 comment: