Friday, July 22, 2011

Stress

One of the biggest culprits of secondary infertility is stress. When women are stressed it can relate to a lot of the changes in their body, with their cycle, and with their moods. Stress mess with a lot of the hormones that body produces as well.

I know this is probably one of the hardest things to remember, especially when you have a little one running around, but you have start to recognize the things that stress you out and try to limit those things. It may not be possible to eliminate all those things that cause stress in our lives, but recognition is the first step and then finding time to relax is the next key.

This goes for all couple that are trying to conceive, the more you stress about not being able to get pregnant, the harder it may be to achieve the goal of pregnancy. It is a bit of a double edge sword but by limiting your stress will affect not just the baby making side but all aspects of your life.

3 comments:

  1. It's so funny that you bring this up--this has been MY problem a LOT. PCOS + Stress= REALLY REALLY BAD. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely one of my main problems. Not thinking about stress is the hardest thing I have ever encountered and it is a daily process to remain calm and collected even in the most stressful situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would completely agree with both of you! Eliminating stress is easier said than done. For me there are times when i don't even realize that I am stressed and then when I do it stresses me out even more. I do have a few things that help me de-stress though and exercising is one of them. As well as just simply talking about what stresses me out helps too.

    ReplyDelete