Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Forced Abortions

Tonight as I was researching for this post I came across something interesting, there were a few articles that were talking about using abortion as a form of birth control. To me I always view abortion as a way to end an unwanted pregnancy but not as a soul use of birth control. But it dawned on me (and you may find this naive of me) that some people and some countries don’t care if you get pregnant you can just control it by having an abortion to end it: in turn controlling the birth by ending the pregnancy.

Some countries require abortions; for example in China there are countless reports about how the government could require women who got pregnant with her second child to either terminate the pregnancy through abortion or cause the family to abandon the child at birth.

I can’t imagine the position that some of these families are put into when they are faced with an unplanned pregnancy: to not have the right to choose whether to keep a pregnancy and that child.

It makes me grateful that we live in a nation that give women the choice to choose and are not forced to end human life. It also makes me think about how many other options women have in this country other than abortion: birth control to begin with, raising as many children as they want, or placing the child for adoption, to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment