Thursday, April 21, 2011

A resurrected man

3 Nephi 11: 3
10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
11 And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter bcup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in ctaking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the dwill of the Father in all things from the beginning.

12 And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude afell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been bprophesied among them that Christ should cshow himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.

-These verses come from my favorite chapter in the scriptures when Jesus Christ visits the Americas. These verses make it seem as if Jesus Christ were presenting himself to me, probably because of the movie “The Testaments.” At the same time, I love how from a few simple sentences spoken by the Savior, the multitude begins to realize that he is the one that prophets had been writing about and speaking of for centuries.

Although I already do believe in Jesus Christ and I am confident that the day that the Savior comes it will be the greatest day, these scriptures remind me of the experience I had when I gained my own personal testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ’s true church on this earth. I am grateful for Jesus Christ’s atoning sacrifice and resurrection in a way in which I am eternally indebted to him. The unconditional love that he has displayed for all of us is something that I cannot describe how much it means to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment