Friday, April 8, 2011

Looking inward

A long time ago I was told that we are either moving towards love or we are moving away from love. I think the same thing can be said about the gospel: we are either moving towards or away from the teachings of the gospel. I think for most of us we don’t intentionally go away from the gospel but we have to do a check up on our emotions and our actions and ask: which direction am I heading.

Consider this phrase when you are approaching your emotional checkup. I know in my life there are times when my scripture study may be slacking or I’m just in a spiritual funk. At those times I have realized that unintentionally I was not moving in the right direction. That is when I know I have to reevaluate my priorities. When I am moving forward, my emotions are more in check, the trial of infertility seems to be much more manageable and a more at peace with the direction my life has taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment