Friday, October 21, 2011

Contentment

This emotion is reached once you are completely drained, your emotions have hit an all-time low and in an effort to make sense of this mess, the lord reaches out and touches your soul. He fills your body, mind and spirit with this overwhelming feeling of peace and love. This is when you know that you are on the right path and that this journey isn’t about our plan but it is about the plan that the lord has for us as his children.

 I would be lying if I told you that this feeling of contentment is something that is easily maintainable but it takes work. All the other feelings will creep back in and will still be a part of your life but once this contentment is felt, it is easier to regain this feeling again and continue to move forward putting your faith in a higher plan then your own.

1 comment:

  1. SO TRUE. How crazy is this? I was answering the questions to a Sunday School lesson in my journal today, and I realized how important it is to write down all that I have been given and not focus on the lacking of children in our marriage. I am so blessed to have an eternal companion who genuinely loves and cares for me! I can receive priesthood blessings when needed! I live in a time that great medical advancements make it possible for me to conceive! I'll never stop being sad about not having children, but I can be happier when I think of all I have!

    ReplyDelete