Sunday, February 13, 2011

The week of love!

With this being the week of valentines, I thought it would be appropriate to focus on the relationship that makes fertility possible. That is the relationship between you and your husband. If you ever read any book about fertility one thing that most will touch on is the fact that infertility really can put a strain on a relationship. Between the random emotions, the timing of sex, and running your once spontaneous life around your fertility, it can put a strain on a relationship if there is not communication between both you and your husband.

I mentioned this last month but it is important to make sure that you are involving your husband in this process and giving him some of the responsibility too. One way that Robert was involved was when I was tracking my BBT; he would hand me the thermometer in the morning and would sometimes chart it for me as well. I would so review the month’s findings with him and we would discuss what was going on with my body. This helped Robert feel involved, ask questions and also keep me from over analyzing everything.

I will be the first person to admit that it I am not perfect at communicating with my husband but he is more important to me than anything and without him I wouldn’t even be going through this trial of infertility. I am so grateful for his patients and his love for my. I would like to encourage all of you to give your hubby an extra hug today and thank him for his loving you and being willing to walk this life’s journeys with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment