Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Decision to Adopt

Although I think we were always hoping to have our own biological children, I believe that my wife and I both felt that we would probably adopt or foster a kid or two during our lifetime.  With that in mind, it wasn’t easy for us to ultimately realize that we couldn’t have our own biological children (there is still a chance and we won’t quit tryingJ).

I’ve always thought about adoption, but once we came to the realization that odds weren’t on our side to have our own biological children, adoption seemed like the natural option.  That doesn’t go without saying that there are many tough decisions you have to make when going through the adoption questionnaire; but, at least for us, it just felt right.

I’m sure it was easier for me to come to grips with the fact that we should look into adoption than it was for my wife.  I know she felt like us deciding to adopt meant her body didn’t work, which I’m beginning to understand that’s more common than I thought. 

What I have realized is that adoption is a wonderful thing that gives children the opportunity to be in a good home and couples the opportunity to be…well, parents!  I have also perceived that whether or not families are made up of biological children, adopted children or a mix of both, they still create the most important unit on this earth…a family.
Written by- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment